SEND & LAC Contacts at Vane Road Primary School
The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Named School:
Mr Kieran Pavey is the Head Teacher
Mrs Melanie Stubbs is our designated SEND Governor
Miss Rachel Wren is our Deputy Head Teacher and designated Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
It is the SENDCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy.
- Liaise with or be the Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND.
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support.
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively.
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND.
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies.
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date.
- Work with the Head teacher and School Governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
Looked After Children (LAC)
Our designated teachers for Looked After Children are:
Mr. Kieran Pavey - Head Teacher.
Miss Rachel Wren - Deputy Head Teacher and Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
The Looked After Children Governor is Mrs Sue Clements.
Looked after children (LAC) are one of the most vulnerable groups in society and it is nationally recognised that there is a considerable educational underachievement when compared to their peers. The majority of children who come into care are there because of abuse or neglect, domestic violence or parents' addiction issues. As a school we recognise that outcomes nationally for looked after children fall well below national averages and we understand and support the government agenda to address this disparity. We aim to give looked after children within our school the best opportunities and support to be safe and healthy, to achieve in education and their career and enable them to play an active role in their community.
We will monitor and track the achievement and attainment of all looked after children at regular intervals and will provide the Local Authority with termly information in line with the Virtual School pupil tracking system.
All of our school policies can be found on the website but the most important ones for parents of children with SEND are listed below: